News Update :

Julio Cesar hints at Arsenal move

Monday 1 July 2013




The former Inter player is set to resolve his future soon following Brazil's Confederations Cup victory and the 33-year-old admits he and his family are keen to remain in London

QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar has opened the door to a potential move to Arsenal by admitting he is keen to stay in London.

The Brazil international's future looks set to be resolved in the next few weeks following the end of the Confederations Cup.

Cesar is wanted back in Italy with Roma keen to sign the experienced stopper, but last month Goal revealed Arsenal had opened formal talks with QPR over a €1.2 million deal for the 33-year-old.

And speaking after their 3-0 Confederations Cup final victory over Spain, Cesar told reporters: "Now I have to do things right at my club so I can be considered for the World Cup.

"Did my son say he wants to stay in London? Yes, me too. I love the city and I’m enjoying living there."

QPR manager Harry Redknapp is expecting to lose his first-choice goalkeeper and has already admitted that Cesar's future lies away from Loftus Road.

Cesar was awarded the Golden Glove following Brazil's Confederations Cup triumph, conceding just three goals and making several impressive saves to deny the Spaniards in the final.

"I’m very happy for winning the Golden Glove," he added. "It’s a great award and it’s going to my collection."
Share this Article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Pooja's Blog | Sportainment 2010 -2011 | Designed by Oluwatobi Yusuf | Published by Tobinsco | Powered by Pooja Adebayo.