Following the Partenopei's 2-1 win, the Spaniard
expressed his satisfaction at watching his side beat last year's Champions
League runners-up.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez believes his team will continue
to get better on the back of beating Borussia Dortmund 2-1 on Wednesday.
The Partenopei went ahead through a Gonzalo Higuain
header and eased into control following Roman Weidenfeller's sending off, with
Lorenzo Insigne firing in a rocket of a free kick in the second half to double
the lead.
Although Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang pulled a late goal
back, the Naples side held on and Benitez left the Stadio San Paolo immensely
pleased with his squad's European endeavours.
"I am satisfied, as we did everything we talked
about before the game," the Spaniard, 53, told Sky Sport.
"We knew Borussia were very dangerous on the break,
but we talked about intensity and everyone helping out in defence.
"Last time I said the team was at 72 per cent and I
still think we can improve a lot. Tonight against the European runners-up I
have to be satisfied and positive, as it’s a great result.
"These new players – like Gonzalo Higuain, Jose
Maria Callejon and Dries Mertens – are of international quality. It was all about
giving the group confidence and players like Marek Hamsik and Lorenzo Insigne
are enjoying this style of football. I am sure in one or two months it will be
even better."
Napoli's next game in Group F will be at Arsenal on
October 1.
0 comments:
Post a Comment