News Update :

Labels

Ads 468x60px

Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Featured Posts

AROUND THE WORLD

NAIJA UPDATES

NBA

FORMULA 1

Showing posts with label barca. Show all posts
Showing posts with label barca. Show all posts

Martino frustrated by Barca performances

Sunday, 29 September 2013





The Argentine believes his side need to become more consistent after a straightforward 2-0 victory over Almeria on Saturday.

Barcelona coach Tata Martino had voiced his frustration with his side's lack of control on their matches this season.

The Blaugrana kept up their 100 per cent record in La Liga thanks to a 2-0 win over Almeria, with goals from Lionel Messi and Adriano.

Zidane: Ribery and Ronaldo should share Ballon d'Or

Monday, 9 September 2013



The Real Madrid icon believes the France and Portugal stars deserve to win this year's prize more than current holder Lionel Messi.

Zinedine Zidane says he would like to see either Cristiano Ronaldo or fellow countryman Franck Ribery pick up the Ballon d’Or award this year.

Ribery was crowned Uefa Best Player last month after inspiring Bayern Munich to the treble last season, pipping fellow nominees Ronaldo and Lionel Messi to the prize.

And Zidane believes the 30-year-old deserves global football's top individual honour for 2013 along with Real Madrid star Ronaldo, instead of current holder and four-time winner Messi.

Thiago: Tough to snub Barca

Sunday, 8 September 2013



Thiago Silva admits it was difficult rejecting a move to Barcelona after revealing it has always been a dream of his to represent the Catalan club.

Silva, touted as one of the best defenders in the world, has been heavily linked with a move to the Nou Camp over the past two seasons, but has twice snubbed the Spanish giants in favour of staying with Paris Saint Germain.

Reports claim the salary offered by mega-rich PSG has been the reason behind his continued commitment to the club, and although he insists it is not all about the money, Thiago also believes there would be nothing wrong with staying for financial security.

Chelsea latest: Willian on Spurs snub, Luiz on Barca transfer tactics

Thursday, 5 September 2013



Switching transfer destination from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea at the last minute should not have come as a surprise, insists Jose Mourinho's £30m summer acquisition Willian, who told Brazilian broadcaster Sportv that the Stamford Bridge side had shown a summer-long interest in him but he was, at the time, prevented from leaving Anzhi Makhachkala.

'They made an offer two months ago but I was not allowed to leave,' he said. 'I kept following the club and I used to go to London to follow Chelsea whenever I had free time and now my dream has come true.'

He finished by remarking that he is particularly looking forward to learning under his new coach: 'I will work with Mourinho who is the best manager and I will grow a lot with him.'

Chelsea turn down £35m Barca bid for David Luiz

Thursday, 8 August 2013




Barcelona submitted their formal bid for the Brazilian yesterday, much to the annoyance of Blues manager Jose Mourinho, who insists that the player is not for sale.

The Catalan club have made a new central defender their priority this summer and are likely to return with further bids. They have missed out on Thiago Silva, who has signed a new contract at Paris St- Germain, and are determined to land a top target.

Luiz is happy in London and signed a five-year contract only a year ago, but the temptation to play for Barca is also great. That does not look an option this summer, however, as Chelsea insist the 26-year-old is going nowhere.

Neymar wouldn't play at Barca, says Scolari

Wednesday, 6 March 2013



The Santos star has been linked with a switch to Camp Nou on numerous occasions over the last 24 months, but Felipao believes the time to leave Brazil has temporarily passed

Brazil boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is of the opinion that Neymar would not get a game at Barcelona, and believes that he is better off remaining at Santos for now.

The 21-year-old talent has been linked with the Catalunya club, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich heavily over the past few months, though he remains rooted in South America.

Felipao, who entered his second stint as Selecao head coach late last year, thinks that it would be tough to join the Blaugrana now and hopes for the sake of the national team that Neymar stays in his homeland until after World Cup 2014.

"Neymar should have gone to Barca two years ago, but now it is better that he stays at Santos," declared Scolari to reporters today.

"How would he adapt? Would he be by himself? Would he start games? Would he play in this star-studded Barcelona team?

"For the World Cup of 2014 and for Brazil, it is preferable that he does not go right now."

Neymar was named alongside the likes of Kaka, Dante, Dani Alves and Lucas Moura is Scolari’s squad announcement on Tuesday ahead of friendly games against Italy and Russia in mid-March.
 

© Copyright Pooja's Blog | Sportainment 2010 -2011 | Designed by Oluwatobi Yusuf | Published by Tobinsco | Powered by Pooja Adebayo.